Wix’s paid plans can be a little confusing given there are so many of them, which is why we’re going to look in-depth at Wix pricing. The best way to think about Wix’s costs is to divide them up into two sections: website plans and eCommerce plans.
We’ve reviewed all of Wix’s costs and have provided a detail breakdown of what to expect. We outline the best Wix pricing plans to choose for your requirements, and which ones you should avoid.
Note: Wix does offer a free plan but we’re not going to discuss that at great length here. Their free plan is free for life but it comes with a Wix subdomain, Wix ads, and Wix branding placement. It’s a great option if you want to experience Wix before committing to a plan, but not for professional purposes.
Table of Contents
Wix Pricing Plans: How Much Do They Cost?
Wix’s Website plans used to include something called Connect Domain plan. However, this is not available in the US anymore and will soon likely be removed for the rest of the world.
Wix’s yearly, 2-yearly, and 3-yearly plans will be charged at once, so if you are paying for a long-term plan, you’ll need to pay upfront.
If you choose to sign up for a yearly subscription, all of Wix’s website plans include a free .com, .net, .org, .biz, and some other extensions for a domain name. The domain is only free for the first year.
The Combo plan is a great choice for personal websites and blogs. It has everything aside from an online store option and includes less storage than the other plans.
The Unlimited and Pro plans are very similar, however, the Pro plan includes extra features like the events calendar app, professional logo maker, and social media logo files for Facebook, Twitter, etc.
The VIP plan’s main selling point is the priority support. You’ll get more storage and video hours, but the main difference is the support. You won’t get access to an online store on this plan, so it’s worth considering one of Wix’s Business plans if this is the direction you want to go in.
If you plan to sell online, you’ll need to sign up for Wix’s Business and eCommerce plans. There are three to choose from that are outlined below.
As well as the features outlined above, the Business and eCommerce plans also include a complete eCommerce platform with the following benefits.
If you’re trying out your first online store, the Business Basic plan is a good place to start. You’ll get enough features to get started and you’ll be able to accept payments through Wix Payments or another payment gateway like PayPal.
The Business Unlimited plan adds more advanced features for larger eCommerce stores like automated sales tax, advanced shipping, and dropshipping access. You’ll also get a bit more storage on your website.
If you need expert support fast, the Business VIP plan offers priority support. You’ll enjoy the same benefits as the Business Unlimited plan but on a greater scale. Unless your business is thriving and you need access to more resources, the Business Unlimited plan should be sufficient.
Are Email Accounts Included in Wix Pricing?
What you may notice is that Wix doesn’t include any email accounts in their plans. This is pretty frustrating given they offer a free domain when you sign up and you can’t attach it to an email account free of charge.
Wix is now partnered with Google Workspace which seems to be the approach that other website builders like SquareSpace are taking to for their email solutions too.
Google Workspace plans start from $6 per month where you can connect your professional Wix domain to an email account.
What About Membership Websites?
If you want to create a password protected web page or create a members area to allow certain visitors to access exclusive content, you may be wondering if this is a possibility with Wix.
This is something that Wix actually do really well. Yes there are some annoyances to get around, but for the most part, Wix’s membership tools are really useful and easy to use.
You can even create plans and subscriptions if this is something you want to offer on your website. Wix isn’t just a website builder, it’s so much more and this is shown in the advanced features they offer. And the best part, Wix membership is FREE!
Wix Pricing: Recommended Plans
We’ve discussed Wix’s costs and plans in great detail, but now it’s time to establish which plan is right for you. Here’s a summary of Wix’s pricing tiers and my recommendation for who they are best for:
- Free – Recommended if you want to try out Wix for free before committing to a paid plan. Wix’s free plan is free for life but includes ads, branding, and a Wix subdomain.
- Combo – Perfect for personal use and blogs. If you’ve started your first website, Wix’s Combo plan is a safe place to start and includes the majority of features that you’ll need.
- Unlimited – If you want to show off a lot of your portfolio images or freelancing work, the Unlimited plan offers much more storage space, more video hours, and useful apps.
- Pro – Doubling up on the storage from the previous plan, the Pro plan is great for branding your website. It includes professional logos, social media files, and 24/7 support.
- VIP – The VIP plan is essentially the same as the Pro plan aside from the priority support. I wouldn’t particularly recommend this plan unless you really need the extra support, due to the price.
- Business Basic – If you’re ready to start your online business selling products, the Business Basic plan is your first step in. You’ll be able to accept payments, sell products, and start marketing your store.
- Business Unlimited – If you need more storage space and video hours for your online store, the Business Unlimited plan ticks the right boxes. You’ll also have access to automated sales tax and social media sales.
- Business VIP – The Business VIP plan is very similar to the VIP plan in that it offers pretty much the same features as its predecessor with priority suppor and a loyalty program, at almost double the cost.
Does Wix Offer Discounts?
Wix offers a 14-day money-back guarantee on all of their premium plans. You can also opt in for a free trial of Wix, or sign up for their free plan if you want to experience the platform before you buy.
Wix’s pricing plans display monthly equivalent costs of the annual amount you’ll pay. Signing up for a long-term committment can be daunting, but it can also save you a lot of money in the long run as your price will be discounted.
If you want savings of up to 20%, feel free to use our WebHostingProf coupon to claim your Wix discount code. You won’t need to enter anything at checkout, simply follow the link below and your discount will be applied before you buy!
Conclusion - Is Wix Good Value For Money?
If you choose the right plan, Wix can be very good value for money. What do I mean by that? Well, if you want to sell products online, the Business Basic Plan is probably enough to cover your needs and costs $23 per month. The Business Unlimited plan is only an extra $4 per month and offers more storage and features. Either of those would be a good choice.
In comparison, the Business VIP plan is almost $50 per month and really only offers a few more resources and priority support. So, it really depends on whether you need that priority support. If you don’t, then the Business VIP plan isn’t great value for money, but the other business plans are. Make sense?
There are other website builders that compete well with Wix’s pricing like SquareSpace. It’s worth looking around and testing out the free trials before committing to any new service. After all, without trying, you won’t know if you like it or not.