SquareSpace Pricing Structure
If you’re here, you may be wondering “does SquareSpace cost money”? Compared to most other website builders, SquareSpace’s pricing structure is fairly simple.
There are two website-based plans ideal for personal and business websites, and two commerce plans suitable for eCommerce sites and online stores.
All of SquareSpace’s pricing plans are cheaper per month if you pay annually. For example, you’ll save 25% annually by signing up to the Personal plan at the equivalent of $12 per month, whereas if you paid monthly this would cost you $16 per month.
As mentioned, SquareSpace has four pricing tiers. SquareSpace’s pricing starts from $12 per month (paid yearly) for the Personal plan. All plans include a free domain name and no ads. The Business plan is $18 per month and includes marketing features. The Basic Commerce plan is $26 per month and the Advanced Commerce plan is $40 per month
Table of Contents
SquareSpace Pricing: Savings And Discounts
Firstly we’re going to talk about how much money you can save by signing up for an annual plan rather than paying monthly.
There’s big savings to be had and if you like SquareSpace’s website builder, it’s worth investing in it to get the bigger discounts.
Which SquareSpace Plan Is Right For You?
If you’re not sure what plan is best to spend time looking at, I’ve broken down each plan into detail. This should guide you as to which plan is most suited to your needs.
Remember, you can always upgrade your plan at any time.
- Personal: Suitable for personal websites, photography portfolios, blogs, or websites that don’t plan to sell products online. You’ll get a custom domain, 24/7 support, and free SSL certificiate.
- Business: If the Personal plan doesn’t contain enough features, the Business plan is the next logical step up. It’s great for small business websites where you can show off your marketing skills, with the option to sell a few products.
- Basic Commerce: If you’re starting your first online store or selling your first products, this plan is ideal given the tools and features on offer. You’ll be able to manage customer accounts, link social media accounts, and lots more.
- Advanced Commerce: Once your store gets big enough, you can proceed to the Advanced plan. This opens up more features like abandoned cart recovery, gift cards, and options to increase your ROI.
SquareSpace Pricing: Website Plans
SquareSpace’s website plans are geared towards small to medium-sized websites who don’t plan to sell products or services online.
Although the Business plan does open up the opportunity to sell a few products, I wouldn’t consider the Business plan good for eCommerce.
SquareSpace Pricing: eCommerce Plans
SquareSpace’s Commerce plans include all of the features that the Business plan does plus the following extras. Remember, the Business plan does include the following eCommerce features, but I wouldn’t recommend using them for online stores:
- eCommerce integration
- 3% transaction fees
- Unlimited products
- Accept donations
- Gift cards
Note: You can sign up to SquareSpace for a free trial if you want to give them a go before committing to a pricing plan. Remember, signing up annually offers more discount, so be sure you’re happy before signing up for an annual plan.
How To Get The Best Deal With SquareSpace
Building a website can get expensive, once you’ve paid for a domain, signed up for web hosting (or a website builder), etc. We’ve got some useful tips to get you the best deals and discounts with SquareSpace so you can save money!
- Sign up yearly: We know that signing up annually can save you up to 30% on your SquareSpace pricing plan. Don’t forget to get on SquareSpace’s free trial to see if you like their website builder before committing to a yearly plan. If you’re still not sure, SquareSpace offer a 14-day money-back guarantee, so you can get a full refund if you don’t like it.
- Register your domain: You’ll get a free domain with SquareSpace if you sign up for one of their pricing plans. However, that is only valid for a year, and once the year is up, SquareSpace charge a whopping $20 per year for a .com domain. Places like NameCheap are a lot cheaper and you’ll save lots on purchasing your domain elsewhere.
- Email accounts: Much like Wix, SquareSpace uses Google Workspace for their email accounts. It’s a great system but it costs from $6 per user per month, so it can get expensive if you have a team of people. There are free alternatives out there!
SquareSpace Pricing FAQs
No! SquareSpace includes web hosting for free so you won’t have to spend a penny on web hosting.
If you want to cancel your subscription with SquareSpace, you can do so for a full refund within the first 14 days. After this, you can go to the Billing & Account section of your dashboard to manage your subscription.
Students get 50% off at SquareSpace. You need to have access to an email address from your university to sign up.
At this time SquareSpace only offers 1-year subscriptions, but they may consider alternative methods in the future.