HostGator is an extremely popular web host, known for their speed, reliability, and support. They’ve been named Editor’s Choice by PC Magazine for best web hosting service, among many other awards and nominations, and they now boast over 2 million customers worldwide. Overall, HostGator is an excellent choice for small businesses and larger enterprises alike.
HostGator shared hosting plans are very affordable, starting at $2.75 per month. Their cloud hosting plans begin at $4.95/month, and VPS plans begin at $19.95/month, remaining very competitive.
I have been a HostGator customer for years, hosting dozens of websites across their shared hosting and WordPress hosting plans. As a HostGator partner, I am able to offer my readers an exclusive HostGator coupon code for 60% off your web hosting. Signing up using the HostGator coupon is easy, and you’ll be happy you did with this savings offer.
How To Use Your HostGator Coupon Code
Simply click this HostGator signup link and the discount will automatically be reflected on the HostGator website. You should see the Web Hosting Professor logo on the page, indicating that your special 60% savings discount has been applied.
Once you’re on the HostGator page, select the plan that meets your hosting needs. If you’re unsure, and only looking to host a single domain, then I recommend you start with the cheapest Hatchling Plan. You can easily upgrade your plan if more hosting capacity is needed.
After selecting your hosting plan, you’ll proceed to the HostGator order form. Here are the steps to complete your HostGator order with the 60% off coupon code:
1. Choose a Domain
If you don’t yet have a domain, simply type in your desired domain name and adjust the top-level domain via the drop-down to .com, .net, .org, etc. as needed. If you already own your domain name, then click that tab and enter your URL into the box.
2. Choose a Hosting Plan
Your package type should already be selected here from the previous screen. Review the billing cycle terms and adjust to fit your needs and budget. As with most services, the longer term you sign up for, the more my coupon code is able to save you. I recommend a term of 36-months, as you will get the best discount. Complete this step by creating your username and security PIN.
3. Enter Your Billing Info
This is pretty straight forward. Enter your billing information and select your payment type; credit card or PayPal. By entering this information you will not yet be charged until you complete the order after a few more steps. HostGator is a secure website, as you’ll notice the green padlock and HTTPS SSL certificate indication in your browser toolbar.
4. Add Additional Services
HostGator gives you the option to add SiteLock Monitoring to protect your website from hackers, Professional Email services from Google, and Site Backups which are powered by CodeGuard. You may select or unselect any of these options. They are not required, but may be nice to have depending on your specific hosting needs. If you are unsure, you may uncheck all these options and proceed to Step 5. Add-On services can always be added from your HostGator customer portal at a later date.
5. Enter Your Coupon Code
If you followed our link to HostGator, you should see our exclusive coupon code WEBHOSTINGPROF already pre-filled here, with a green check-mark validating the promo code.
6. Review Your Order Details
That’s it! You’re all set. Within a few minutes you will receive a confirmation email from HostGator with an order summary, your login information, and hosting setup instructions. Login to your HostGator account and proceed with your website migration or creation.
If you have any questions after placing your order, don’t hesitate to reach out to HostGator Support at: https://support.hostgator.com/
Still not convinced to sign up for HostGator? Here are my top reasons for being a happy HostGator customer, and recommending them to my clients over the years:
- HostGator has excellent 24/7 customer service, available via phone, live chat, and email. Their initial support tier is often offshore, but their staff is very knowledgeable and friendly, able to help with most any issues that may arise. If escalated support is needed, you’ll be transferred to their Austin, TX corporate office to ensure you’re taken care of.
- HostGator Website Builder is another great feature, making starting a new website as easy as drag-and-drop with their exclusive themes and pre-built components. This is a slick tool that makes HostGator stand out above the rest.
- HostGator also offers free website transfers for new accounts within 30 days of signup, as well as to newly upgraded accounts. These website migrations include full cPanel transfers, as well as manual transfers. Whatever your old hosting setup was like, they’ve got you covered with free HostGator migration service.
- The HostGator guarantee is robust, offering a no risk 45-day money-back guarantee. Their US-based billing department doesn’t play games or try to upsell you upon cancellation – they simple oblige and ask how they might improve the service to meet future customer expectations. This is good business practice no matter where you’re from or what industry you’re in.
- HostGator boasts 99.9% uptime, which is an amazing guarantee for how affordable HostGator’s hosting plans are.
Bonus Hosting Coupons
We hope you’ll take advantage of our HostGator coupon code, but if you’re looking to check out some HostGator alternatives prior to making your decision, then we recommend these exclusive deals! Our Bluehost coupon and our SiteGround coupon or two of our most popular deals, in addition to this HostGator coupon page. WebHostingProf.com has a great relationship with our recommended web hosts, and coupons are verified regularly, ensuring you’ll get the best deals of 2020 on your hosting plan.