If you’re looking for an effective way to boost conversions and market penetration, then you’ve likely investigated the concepts surrounding ways to generate leads. In the competitive digital marketplace, triggering widespread interest requires more than simply publishing blog posts and interacting with potential customers via social media. In fact, without a thorough business plan and marketing strategy, most businesses find themselves with an amazing product/service that never reaches its true potential.
Have you ever wondered how so many online businesses achieve such great success? Truth is, there’s not one specific action or tactic responsible for untold online riches. Even those with a popular product or solid customer base sustain their success by implementing a variety of marketing tactics and growth hacking methods. However, not all actions are equally as impactful.
If you were to categorize the most influential marketing steps to the least, lead generation would be classified as one of the most important. Regardless of conversion ratios and bounce rates, the fundamental principle of online success is lead generation. But why is this? More importantly, how does your web hosting provider influence the outcome of lead generation tactics?
Mastering the art of lead generation isn’t something a blog post or article series can provide. Considering the constant evolution of our digital universe, the tactics and methods used to capture purchase-ready leads are constantly shifting. However, there are several fundamental pillars capable of propelling your lead generation success into the next level. Let’s take a moment and investigate the most effective ways to generate purchase-ready leads in the modern marketplace.
#1 Way to Generate Leads – Use Visual Storytelling as Often as Possible
In the early days of the internet, images and visual storytelling was frowned upon, and for good reason. This was the era of dial-up network connectivity. Throughout this time, even one image could seriously slow page speed and disrupt site functionality.
Thankfully, times have changed and network connections are now blisteringly fast. Even mobile internet access is rivaling the speeds of traditional cable-based networks, and this trend is set to only continue as 5G mobile networks begin to populate the world.
Although there’s literally hundreds of ways faster internet access has changed the online marketplace, the use of images is one of the biggest.
Now, without the use of visual storytelling, you’ll find it difficult to attract leads via organic (SEO) methods or traditional advertising tactics. In fact, the latest Google algorithm updates continues to place greater value on imagery. However, there’s a problem. Without optimized and refined integration methods, these essential elements can be your biggest weakness.
Here’s a few of the most important image use best practices for lead generation:
- Compress and optimize images BEFORE uploading to your web server.
- Avoid shared web hosting servers if your site is image-heavy, as its resources are split among all websites that run within its framework.
- Leverage the power of infographics to convey large amounts of information in a swift and easily digestible manner.
- Sparingly use stock photography as it’s likely this image has already been seen by visitors on another website – rather create a unique graphic.
- Use a Call-to-Action within every infographic.
#2 – Publish Blog Post 3 Times Per week (minimum)
This shouldn’t come as a surprise, but content quality and quantity are the biggest contributors for any lead generation campaign. However, simply writing a blog post isn’t enough. Here’s several tips to ensure your blogging is as impactful as possible:
- Focus on hyper-niche topics that encourage conversion (and information).
- Leverage the power of a Content Delivery Network from your web hosting provider to ensure fast rendering and constant availability.
- Make sure you are using a fast web host if your content is taking too long to load.
- Avoid generic topics.
- Re-frame common knowledge through the tone and personality of your brand (required when discussing common topics).
- Use at least 2 lead generation tactics in every blog post, such as offering newsletter subscription or loyalty program signups.
- Photography is great, especially if it is your own work. The more unique photographs you can publish to your blogs, the better story it will tell, and greater engagement it will receive. (If you are a photographer looking to generate new photo leads, check out our post on the best web hosting for photographers.
- Be generous with imagery, but make sure all visual elements support the ultimate message and purpose of generating leads.
#3 – Create Video Content Once a Week (minimum)
The increasing availability of high-speed internet access has triggered an interesting evolution within the online marketplace. What was once considered a non-viable lead generation tactic, videos are now viewed as one of the most impactful lead generation methods. In fact, Google now gives preference to video-based content and websites who leverage this multimedia tool over sites and content that are primarily text-based.
Here are several best practices for video lead generation campaigns:
- Never host videos on your web server, as it will seriously damage your performance and page load speeds. Instead, use third party servers, such as YouTube and Facebook. However, be careful when embedding excess videos in your on-page content. Only use videos when absolutely necessary and speak with your web hosting provider about its recommended configurations to prevent slowing your website response times.
- Use videos to provide in-depth information about your brand, product or service. The most effective methods leverage your written content to then lead into video content.
- Consider a 30-second information-rich video that’s fun and informative. These videos are effective when used in your landing page design or as a standalone lead generation tactic.
#4 – Content Upgrades to Stimulate Lead Action
Throughout the past year, the use of content upgrades has blown away even the most critical observer. In fact, content upgrades are the best lead generation campaign type, regardless of your industry or audience demographic.
Essentially, a content upgrade is free and downloadable content that expands upon a topic or issue that intrigues your visitors most. For example, your blog post discusses the importance of eating healthy. You then add a link to a downloadable eBook with 20 of the greatest healthy recipes for people on a budget. In order to download the content, however, the visitor must enter their email address and will then receive a link or be redirected to the download page.
Consider branching out from standard eBook upgrades. For example, your target audience are website designers. Offer a content upgrade with 10 free font designs or Photoshop templates.
The most important rule when using a content upgrade is to intrigue users with information they crave.