Finding the perfect WordPress host can be difficult, with so many good options out there, how do you choose? While many WordPress hosting providers offer great features, it can be hard to find one that offers cheap WordPress hosting services that still perform well.
Understanding the dilemma, WebHostingProf has conducted our own tests to find you the best cheap WordPress hosting plans on the market. It’s important to remember that you don’t always get what you pay for in the hosting world. That’s why we’ve scoured the market to find you the best hosting options at an affordable cost.
If you don’t have much time, we’ve put together the best cheap WordPress hosting overview table for you to have a glance at what’s out there. We’ve included each web host’s cheapest plan as well as additional features like a free domain, storage, bandwidth, and average uptime.
Table of Contents
Best Cheap WordPress Hosting Overview
Best Cheap WordPress Hosting Review
To review the best cheap WordPress hosting providers, we used a series of tools to measure their capabilities. We take into account pricing, features, uptime, security, support, and speed & performance.
In order to measure speed, we use Pingdom. It allows us to look at website load times from multiple locations, giving you a good idea of how your website will perform around the world. All of our test websites use a clean install of WordPress, so will be competing against each other in fair conditions.
- Basic ($3.95): Hosting for 1 website, 50GB SSD storage, free domain, free SSL, and free CDN.
- Plus ($5.95): Unlimited hosting with unlimited SSD storage. All the benefits of the Basic plan as well as Office 365 free for 30 days.
- Choice Plus ($6.95): Unlimited hosting with free domain privacy and free automated backup for 1 year
- Pro ($13.95): Unlimited hosting with optimized CPU resources, free domain privacy, free automated backup, and a free dedicated IP.
Note: The prices displayed above are per month on an initial 36-month term basis. Renewal rates differ and will be charged at the start of your new term if you renew.
- Europe (Germany): 223ms
- USA (Seattle): 162ms
- Canada (Toronto): 171ms
- Australia (Sydney): 224ms
Bluehost offers 24/7 support, with a live chat option for instant responses. Their support team are extremely helpful, coupled with a knowledgebase that contains a wealth of useful articles.
Who Should Use Bluehost
We love Bluehost because they strike a great balance between being a cheap WordPress hosting provider, and offer great uptime results, speed, and performance. Beginners will love Bluehost due to how easy it is to use, while more advanced users will appreciate the extensive control panel and quick access to WordPress and other apps.
- Single ($1.39): Hosting for one website, 30GB SSD storage, 1 email account, and a free SSL certificate.
- Premium ($2.59): Hosting for up to 100 websites, 100GB SSD storage, free email, SSL, domain, and Google Ads credit.
- Business ($4.99): Storage is increased to 200GB and includes unlimited bandwidth, daily backups, SSH access, and more.
Note: The prices displayed above are per month on an initial 48-month term basis. Renewal rates differ and will be charged at the start of your new term if you renew.
- Europe (Germany): 40ms
- USA (Seattle): 119ms
- Canada (Toronto): 84ms
- Australia (Sydney): 324ms
Hostinger provide one of the friendliest customer support services. Their live chat is available 24/7, and if all of the agents are busy, you can leave a message and they’ll get back to you within a reasonable timescale.
Who Should Use Hostinger
If you’re looking for the cheapest shared hosting on the market, Hostinger is the best option. While they may not offer as many options as other hosts like Bluehost or SiteGround, they get the job done, and they do it will. Hostinger is great for beginners, small websites, and even basic eCommerce sites.
iPage’s one shared hosting plan is just $1.99 per month and includes unlimited websites, unlimited storage, free SSL certificate, free domain, free email address, and free website builder.
- Europe (Germany): 116ms
- USA (Seattle): 62ms
- Canada (Toronto): 127ms
- Australia (Sydney): 143ms
iPage’s support for WordPress users is suprisingly good considering its low prices. They offer live chat support, email support, and support via telephone, as well as plenty of knowledgebase articles.
Who Should Use iPage
If you’re not too bothered about advanced settings and functionality, iPage is right up your street. You can easily host your WordPress website with iPage, with fast loading speeds and reliable uptime. If you have a high-traffic website, you may need to consider other options, but for smaller websites, you can’t go wrong with iPage’s cheap WordPress hosting.
- Hatchling ($2.75): Hosting for a single website with unmetered bandwidth and disk space, free domain, free SSL, and a 45-day money-back guarantee.
- Baby ($3.50): Hosting for unlimited websites, unlimited email accounts, and unlimited addon domains
- Business ($5.25): Unlimited hosting, free SSL upgrade, dedicated IP, and full cPanel access
- Europe (Germany): 129ms
- USA (Seattle): 74ms
- Canada (Toronto): 89ms
- Australia (Sydney): 134ms
HostGator’s support is available 24/7 via live chat, phone, and email. All hosting plans can access the full realm of HostGator’s support, which is generally pretty quick to respond.
Who Should Use HostGator
HostGator is perfect for most website users, including personal sites, blogs, and small to medium websites. Their prices are low and they offer plenty of useful features across the board, as well as a generous 45-day money-back guarantee, and room to scale your hosting when you need it.
- Launch ($5.99): Hosting for 2 websites with 50GB SSD storage, unlimited bandwidth, and 10 email accounts, as well as free domain and SSL
- Power ($5.99): Hosting for 50 websites, free domain and SSL, 100GB storage, and 50 email accounts
- Pro ($14.99): Free domain, SSL, hosting for 100 websites, 6x performance, advanced caching, and pro support
- Europe (Germany): 310ms
- USA (Seattle): 323ms
- Canada (Toronto): 354ms
- Australia (Sydney): 389ms
InMotion’s support team are highly professional and quick to respond. They respond almost instantly to live chat messages, you can contact them via phone, and you can call them on Skype.
Who Should Use InMotion
InMotion’s shared hosting speeds aren’t the best, but with a little optimization, you can be sure your WordPress website is in safe hands with their awesome support team. If you’re starting your first website or you need the extra help from InMotion’s experts, paying a little extra is worth the investment.
- Startup ($2.99): Hosting for one website, 100GB SSD storage, unlimited transfer, and free SSL certificate.
- Drive ($4.99): Unlimited hosting, storage, and bandwidth, with server backups and free migration.
- Turbo Boost ($9.99): A2 Optimized server with 20x Turbo Boost and unlimited NVMe storage.
- Turno Max ($14.99): Unlimited hosting, storage, and bandwidth with Turbo servers and 4GB RAM.
- Europe (Germany): 134ms
- USA (Seattle): 92ms
- Canada (Toronto): 64ms
- Australia (Sydney): 217ms
A2 Hosting offers 24/7/365 support via live chat, ticket system, and phone. Their agents are experts in WordPress and are on-hand to answer any questions you may have and will migrate your websites for free.
Who Should Use A2 Hosting
A2 Hosting has a good reputation, offering a wide variety of cheap hosting services across the board. They boast Turbo Servers that are said to improve website speed and SEO, so if you’re looking to take your website more seriously, you’ll have room to grow with experts on hand.
- Startup ($6.99): Hosting for 1 website, 10GB storage, unmetered traffic, free SSL, free CDN, and free email.
- GrowBig ($9.99): Hosting for 5 websites, 20GB storage, plus on-demand backup copies, and staging.
- GoGeek ($14.99): Hosting for up to 10 websites, 40GB storage, staging, GIT, white-label, and priority support
- Europe (Germany): 74ms
- USA (Seattle): 125ms
- Canada (Toronto): 114ms
- Australia (Sydney): 210ms
SiteGround are without a doubt a highly rated host, and this fame doesn’t stop at their customer support. Their live chat function is available 24/7, alongside tickets and phone, with help from the most knowledgeable agents in the hosting market.
Who Should Use SiteGround
SiteGround are an outstanding web host, especially for WordPress. If you’re looking to spend a little bit more on your WordPress hosting, you won’t be disappointed. Although they are the most expensive web host on this list, they are worth the investment if you want a powerful, high-speed website.
What's The Best Cheap WordPress Hosting?
Now that we’ve reviewed the best cheap WordPress hosting providers, it’s time to round up what we’ve learned today.
Without a doubt, Hostinger is the cheapest option, with hosting plans starting from as little as $1.39 per month. However, you may not get enough features to move your website past the starting line, whereas other hosts offer more opportunity to grow.